I am a HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist with many years experience in the fields of Occupational Health and Vocational Rehabilitation undertaking assessment, case management, coaching and training services.
In over 28 years of providing reports for courts and tribunals I have written over 1500 reports. These have been on a claimant, defendant and single joint expert basis. I am able to provide insightful, but impartial, objective and clear opinion.
I am able to use psychometric testing to objectively assess an individual’s retraining capacity
I have particular expertise in assessing the employment impacts of brain injury, spinal injury, mental health and other complex disabilities, and I am frequently instructed in:
• Personal Injury, impact on functioning with serious/catastrophic injuries, such as head and spinal injuries
• Personal injury cases, post injury mental trauma
• Psychological injuries such as PTSD, post RTA and personal injury
• Clinical Negligence
• Race, Sex and Disability Discrimination
• Cases involving occupational Stress and bullying
• Assessments for dyslexia, dyscalculia and dyspraxia for the courts.
• Employment reports. Assessment of pre-and post accident earnings potential
• Vocational rehabilitation and case management to provide client return to work and also to prevent loss of employment and deterioration
• Career redirection building on assessment of cognitive and psychological functioning and measures of ability, aptitude, personality and career interest
• Resilience training and coaching
• Absence Management
• Fitness to Practice
• Occupational stress and bullying
• Criminal injury
• Cases where PTSD and other mental health / emotional problems are an important consideration.
• Assessment of cognitive and psychological functioning.
• Mental health including PTSD, depression and anxiety post-trauma
• Assessments for dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia and ADHD
• Screening for Autistic Spectrum
• Capacity to plead
I have an excellent understanding of the demands of work, the needs of employers and the prevailing labour market, and can make a thorough and tailored assessment of the Claimant. I am able to integrate all of this information effectively to assist the Court or Tribunal in taking an informed and objective view on the loss of earnings element of a claim.
I am a qualified user of psychometric tests including ability, aptitude and personality (BPS Level A & B) and also of assessment of cognitive functioning and psychological functioning; I continue to maintain CPD through membership organisations such as the BPS and the Vocational Rehabilitation Association through attending conferences and training as well as keeping abreast of the literature.
Full Member of the Divisions of Occupational and Health Psychology, Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, Member of The Academy of Experts; Vocational Rehabilitation Association - Professional Member Association of Business Psychologists.