GWP Consultants LLP (GWP) is an independent Limited Liability Partnership based near Oxford, England, with over 40 years experience providing specialist geological, geotechnical, hydrogeological, hydrological and surveying expertise. These skills are applied to the quarrying, mining, waste management, water resources markets and also to infrastructure and governance projects throughout the UK and internationally.
Providing specialist expertise to mining and geotechnical advice to the international minerals and cement industry.
Areas of Expertise:
* Design and feasibility of opencast mines and quarries.
* Mineral resource/reserve assessments, geological and geotechnical site investigations, advice on ground conditions for excavation.
* Stability of excavated slopes.
* Design and safety assessments of spoil tips, lagoons and stockpiles at mines and quarries.
* Effects of quarry blasting and blast vibrations.
* Subsidence and other effects of underground mining.
* Contractual and litigation support including advice on strengths and weaknesses of contractual claims, preparation of experts reports related to geology and geotechnical and mining engineering.
In our specialist areas we are able to provide objective, independent and reliable expert support for clients involved in mergers, acquisitions, valuations, floatations, feasibility studies, Public Inquiries and various forms of dispute resolution.
Our expert services are characterised by attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a collaborative style of working with other technical specialists, legal and financial professionals, regulators and the public.
Senior members of staff are frequently called upon to act as expert witnesses to tribunals including civil and criminal courts, arbitrations, mediations and planning inquiries. GWP partners and staff who act as experts have all received appropriate professional training and understand their duties under Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules and other relevant codes of conduct in UK and international tribunals. We have often been complimented by lawyers and clients on the high standard of our reports and our effectiveness when giving evidence.
We also provide dispute resolution, community engagement; and due diligence and feasibility studies.