Dr Belinda Stuart-Moonlight is one of the UK’s foremost food safety and infectious disease experts, providing independent, award-winning expert witness services since 2001. Her unique regulatory background, coupled with ongoing consultancy, auditing and training, means she is well-placed to give informed and balanced opinions in both civil and criminal arenas.
Why choose Dr Belinda Stuart-Moonlight as your Expert Witness?
• Has worked on landmark and significant cases, including three recent food allergy manslaughter cases and the first attempted criminal prosecution under health and safety legislation for a norovirus outbreak.
• Regularly accepts instructions in travel litigation, food/water and pest contamination cases, including transmission via norovirus, Salmonella, E coli, Campylobacter, Clostridium, Cryptosporidium, Cyclospora and Aeromonas. From 2020, Belinda will be accepting instructions related to Coronavirus.
• In large outbreak cases, she is fundamentally a breach expert (reviewing systems), complementing causation evidence of medics and microbiologists
• Regularly provides reports on risk of harm under Sentencing Guidelines
• Every action instigated as EHO successful in Court
• PhD in microbiological risk and its legal context
• Advisor to ABTA and Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) for 10+ years
• Holds the Cardiff University CUBS certificate for criminal and civil work
“Belinda Stuart-Moonlight is an outstanding expert witness. She recently prepared a detailed and comprehensive report in the first ever health and safety norovirus prosecution. The report was so compelling in its research and conclusions that the local authority abandoned its prosecution. I have called Belinda to give evidence and she is thorough, objective and highly persuasive. I recommend her highly.” - John Cooper QC, Crown Office Chambers, London
“Dr Belinda Stuart-Moonlight was a pleasure to work with and nothing was too much trouble…. Her report was very helpful and instrumental to our negotiations. As a result of her report the client achieved an exceptional outcome. I would highly recommend this expert.” -
L Hannah, Stephensons Solicitors.
Dr Belinda Stuart-Moonlight “gave her evidence well; was thoughtful and balanced in the witness box … and this, in turn, had a direct impact on the level of fine.”
- Mark Owen, Peninsula.