Engineering Metallurgist specialising in failure analyses/investigations and provision of expert opinion/advice covering a wide range of industries and components, including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical/Chemical/Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing/Production Engineering, Transport Vehicles, Aerospace, Marine, Power/Heat Generation, Civil/Structural Engineering, Street Furniture and Domestic Appliances.
Areas of expertise include:
• Failure investigations on site or in laboratory;
• Metallography and fractography of engineering materials (including engineering ceramics);
• Mechanical failures of plant & equipment;
• Corrosion investigations;
• Manufacturing, production and quality assurance techniques;
• Heat treatment;
• Materials selection/design appraisal;
• Surface treatments/engineering;
• Critical review of technical investigations.
Has provided expert written and oral evidence in UK and overseas litigation, attended experts meetings to narrow issues and been instructed as a Single Joint Expert.