LH was recruited to the fledgling brain injury unit (known then as Highbank in 1989). Her reputation quickly led to instruction for medico legal reports. With increasing awareness of the quality and reliability of the service now being offered through LH's company Equip2Speak, LH has become an established leading Expert in brain injury rehabilitation.
In addition to SLT, Equip2Speak provides Assistive Technology (AT) reports through David Humberstone. There is significant value to the accuracy of evidence of appointing a technology expert that is in sync with the requirements of therapists and the limitations causes through cognitive impairment.
• Specialists in Brain Injury for SLT and other injures where physical impairment has occurred, i.e. spinal injury for AT
• CUBS accredited Expert Witnesses (LH:2013, DH:2012)
• Joint medico legal or separate reports offered
• Extensive Joint, Claimant and Defendant experience
• Reputation for accurate prediction of life therapy and equipment needs and contingency costings
• Interdisciplinary assessment to ensure correct matching of technology to client capability
• Onsite and office based assessment and therapy, training and equipment support
• Communication aids (Augmented and Alternative Communication, AAC)
• Assistive Technology including Environmental Control and adapted computer systems
• Switch and device mounting assessment and installation and ongoing support
• Experienced at all stages of the recovery process
• Experienced in consultancy service to brain injury rehabilitation units
CV's and anonymised reports available on request.