Consultant Psychiatrist – Elysium Healthcare Group, Adult Mental Health and Forensic Rehabilitation Services.
Honorary Professor, Health and Society, University of Salford since May 2018.
34 years’ experience - Consultant Psychiatrist.
Personal Injury Reports.
Forensic psychiatric reports on deaf and hearing people.
Assessments in private consulting rooms, prisons, hospital and Domiciliary visits, Mental health assessments of deaf parents.
Industrial injuries (deafness and tinnitus).
Level III - Advanced level of communication using British Sign Language
Other languages - Hindi.
Bury, BL9 5BT
Zoom assessments available.
• British Sign Language, CACDP - Level III
• Chaired and participated in various conferences on Mental Health and Deafness/ABI/ASD topics
• Keynote Speaker at International Conferences in Europe, Japan, US, South Africa/Australia/NZ
• Keynote Speaker, Criminal Justice Management Conference (October 2010)
• Medico-Legal Refresher Course – Leeds (November 2012)
• Certificate in Medico-Legal Reporting (Relevant Modules) – Bond Solon (February 2013).
• Premex Annual Medico-Legal Conference, Birmingham (November 2013)
• Bond Solon Annual Expert Witness Conference, London (November 2015).
• Advanced Expert Witness Course, London (February 2016).
• Military Psychiatry: Wing Commander Walter Busuttil; The Metropole Hotel, Leeds, (January 2017).
• PTSD Specialist Course (January 2017)
• Premex Annual Medico-Legal Conference, London (November 2017)
• Bond Solon, Civil Law & Procedure Conference, Manchester (February 2019)
• Bond Solon, Discussions Between Experts, Manchester (June 2019)
• Bond Solon, Criminal Experts Law & Procedure Course, London (Dec 2019)
• Bond Solon, Clinical Negligence (Sept 2020)
• Psychological Aspects of Pain, Irwin Mitchell Solicitors (Sept 2020)
• Pain and Medico-Legal Course, Expert Witness Institute (EWI) (Oct 2020)
• Bond Solon, Annual Expert Witness Conference (Nov 2020)
• Bond Solon, The Law & The Expert’s Role from Instruction to Settlement (Nov 2020)
• 10th Culture & International Mental Health Conference, Eventbrite (Nov 2020)
• Introduction to ICD-11 Webinar (May 2021)
• South of England Learning Disability Network (SELD), June 2021
• ICD-11 Training – May 2021
Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, Institute of Expert Witnesses; Member of BMA, Member of Manchester Medical Society