• Degree qualified, apprentice trained, chartered engineer in process and mechanical engineering;
• 47 years experience in the process and industrial engineering industries;
• Extensive process and equipment design, valuation and project management expertise;
• Commercially astute, innovative thinker and problem solver who can make a high-quality contribution.
• Received expert witness instructions on 60 cases (and given oral evidence in 22 of these) in the last 20 years in the UK High Court and the International Court of Arbitration including many from the major City of London, Manchester and Birmingham law firms on significant cases such as both the Buncefield explosion civil litigation and HSE prosecution hearings.
• Bond Solon training both as a joint single expert and in giving evidence in court.
Peter Lumley is the managing director of Manderstam International Group of consulting engineers and can call upon significant multidisciplinary engineering support in process, piping, instrumentation, electrical, structural and metallurgy/welding in the fields of:-
Onshore and offshore oil/gas processing, petroleum refining, petroleum products, LPG, LNG and NGL including all associated utilities and power generation;
Petrochemicals Including plastics polypropylene, LDPE, PTA and PET, fertilisers and bio fuels,
Pharmaceuticals including production of penicillin, vitamin C, citric acid, lactic acid, intravenous products and cannabinoid prescription medicines..
The manufacturing processes, including ferrous and non ferrous casting, machining, welding, forming, coatings/finishing, assembly and packaging lines including food and drink, cement, salt, ceramics, building materials, glass and vegetable oils.
Age, Qualifications and Professional Memberships
64 years old, single, British;
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (2.1 Hons), University of Birmingham 1975;
C.Eng. Chartered Engineer;
M.I.Mech.E. Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers;
Eur. Ing. European Engineer
ASABE American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers.
1981-to date Manderstam International Group, Consulting Engineers
Managing Director , Project Manager, Project Engineer on a extensive range of oil and gas, petrochemical, pharmaceuticals, organic chemicals, fermentation, power plant and manufacturing projects both as designer, project manager, owner's representative and as Lump Sum Turnkey contractor to international model forms of contract.
1979 to 1981 APV Company, Production Engineering Manager on welding, assembly and sheet metalwork on ferrous and nonferrous heat exchangers and distillation columns for the food and petrochemical industries.
1971 to 1979 UK Ministry of Defence, graduate apprentice and project engineer on sheet metalwork, machining, welding and assembly of Chieftain main battle tanks including all aspects of work on high nickel armoured steels and aluminium.
Registered as an expert with the Expert Witness Institute (EWI), UK Register of Expert Witnesses.
Member of British Expertise, the UK trade association.
Please contact for detailed CV and recent references.
Tel : 020 7730 9224;
Mobile: 07973 252 697;
web site: www.manderstam.com