An Expert Witness who has very wide experience in Private Banking and Investment and Wealth Management. Dr Walford has over 20 years' experience managing Private Banks and a total of 30 years in the city managing or advising clients on investment and their banking needs.
As a specialist in dispute resolution with financial institutions, Dr Walford has been involved in many cases. He has dealt with a multitude of client situations and resolved them to the satisfaction of the parties involved, including: investment managers’ obligations both in the provision of advice and in the execution of client instructions and a portfolio which had been managed with an inappropriate risk profile.
Litigation and disputes concerning Tax issues are handled by two other members of the Expert Evidence team (Robert Schon and Robert Newey) who can be relied on for robust support in terms of Commercial Litigation, Tax PII claims, and Disputes with authorities.
The collective expertise covers a wide range of UK and EU tax areas, personal taxes, including for non UK domiciled individuals, income tax, corporation tax, CGT, VAT, stamp duties as well as the interaction between the UK and US tax systems, inbounds and owner managed businesses.
Please quote code EW14.
A specialist in dispute resolution with financial institutions and over the last few years and has been involved in cases with the following themes:
1. A portfolio which had been managed with an inappropriate risk profile and substantial costs had been incurred through investment in over risky assets.
2. Investment managers obligations in the provision of advice.
3. Investment managers obligations in execution of client instructions.
4. A reporting error in the quarterly valuations sent to the client, which showed a grossly inflated valuation.
5. Deduction for US income tax made when client had not completed appropriate documentation.
6. Investments which had been make which were inappropriate for the client.
7. Errors where limit orders had not been executed.
8. Substantial losses incurred through investments in future and options and open derivatives. 9.Errors in completion of repossession of property when a loan has gone into default.
Bond Solon Expert Witness Training on Courtroom Skills, Series 65 US Securities Exams, Certified Diploma in Accounting and Finance