Mr A Ameen is available for video conferencing by zoom, teams etc
• 38 years experience in Hospital Neurosurgery, latest post: Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Neurosurgeon- Ashtead, North Downs and Independent Berkshire Hospitals
• 22 years of medico-legal reports writing in UK to 6 Agencies of (AMRO), Private Solicitor’s firms and Courts
• Attended many courses in medico-legal report writing and Clinical Negligence Claims the latest in September 2017.
• Average Court attendance as expert witness on average of 6 times a year.
• Current waiting time for examination and completing the report: 2-3 weeks.
• Claimant/Defendant ratio: 3/1.
• Average report fee £560 - £840, including examination and review of records.
• Court attendance fee £1600/day.
• Main interests; Head and Spinal injuries, Stroke, Brain tumours, Degenerative Cervical and Lumbar spine disease, Cauda Equina and Clinical Negligence Claims.
• Author of Neurosurgeon in War and Peace, ISBN: 9781665585323, available in print and E-Book
Completed 6 years of Higher Neurosurgical Training at the Central Middlesex and Charing Cross Hospitals - London, following 4 years of basic surgical training, Locum Consultant (Sept 1998- Oct 1999), Staff Grade and Associate Specialist Neurosurgeon (Oct 1999- May 2006)- Royal Free Hospital – London NW3 2QG, May 2006 - June 2009, Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon, Hamad Hospital, Doha- Qatar, June 2009- February 2014, Locum Consultant Neurosurgeon, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham B15 2TH, June 2009 - February 2014, Authored and Co authored 16 publications in Neurosurgical journals.
Member of APIL, UK Register of Expert Witnesses & Society of Expert Witnesses