Dr Osunsanmi is a Consultant Psychiatrist based in Gloucestershire, his specialised area is Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
His duties involve providing psychiatric leadership and input to a specialist Child and Adolescent Mental health team. He also provides psychiatric input to a countywide Neurodevelopmental Clinic and a School-based Learning Disability Clinic. In his role as a clinician, he has extensive experience of a broad range of psychiatric and Neurodevelopmental difficulties in both in and out-patient settings.
His experience includes;
• Paediatric psychopharmacology
• Neurodevelopmental disorders
• Cognitive Behavioural therapy
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders
• Behavioural modification and therapy
• Use of Autism Spectrum Observation schedule tools- ADOS
• Medico-legal writing for MHA tribunals and the court systems
• Assessment of capacity and consent
• Use of the 3DI in assessment of autistic spectrum disorders and comorbidities
• Section 12(2) approved Mental Health Act (1983)
• Use of standardised Continuous Performance tool for assessing ADHD in children, adolescents and adults
Dr Osunsanmi has published a number of book reviews relevant to child and adolescent psychiatry and articles in relevant scientific journals on ADHD and learning disability in the child and adolescent population. He has also presented (both Oral and Poster presentations) at a number of national and international conferences.
Completed the Cardiff University Bond Solon Certificate courses for Family, Civil and Criminal law, British Association for Psychopharmacology scholarship award to attend the European College of Neuro-psychopharmacology- was one of 3 selected candidates across the UK for the 1st school of Child/ Adolescent psychopharmacology- 2012. Fully up to date with CPD activities with the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrist, membership awarded following success in the membership examinations (stages 1 and 2) in 2006. Registered with the General Medical Council, UK with full registration and on the specialist register of Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists. Section 12 (2) approved since 2006 and an Approved Clinician since 2010