Mr Neil Roberts is a consultant cardiothoracic surgeon practising in the NHS at Barts Heart Centre in the city of London. He also has a private practice based in Harley Street in London.
Mr Neil Roberts is a substantive consultant cardiac surgeon with an interest in aortic intervention. He has been a Consultant Cardiac Surgeon for over 9 years, performing more than 900 open heart procedures with a mortality of less then 2%. He is experienced in all aspects of adult cardiac surgery. He has also been the clinical governance lead for Cardiac surgery at Barts Heart Centre for over 3 years and has therefore extensive experience in incident reviews, complaint responses and negotiating the clinical governance systems within the NHS. His main interest is within aortic intervention.
Mr Roberts was the first UK cardiothoracic trainee to be awarded an endovascular fellowship to undertake dedicated endovascular and vascular training (St Mary’s 2010 BSET Fellow).
Mr Roberts is trained in medicolegal and expert witness report writing by courses with Bond Solon and has been writing medicolegal reports for 5 years. He entered the specialist register in 2011 and has been a consultant cardiac surgeon since February 2011.
Mr Roberts can offer full CPR Part 35 compliant Expert Witness Reports within 21 days, but also offers a fast-track screening opinion service where he will set out the details and salient points of a case within a summary opinion letter which can be produced within 7-10 days
Accepts cases involving :
• Clinical negligence report writing – aspects of breach of duty and causation
• Personal Injury – aspects of current condition and prognosis
Areas of interest and experience:
• Clinical governance, surgical safety standards, WHO checklist compliance
• Serious incidents and Datix incident investigations and process
• All aspects of adult cardiothoracic surgery
• Pre intervention decision making in Cardiology and cardiac intervention – was the correct process followed, was the patient discussed in the appropriate MDT according to current best practice, were the international guidelines followed and alternatives discussed with the patient?
• Consent issues
Terms and conditions available on request
Mr Roberts can see clients in his Harley Street practice. Evening and weekend appointments are available if required.