The Metals Consulting International Group of companies comprises several different businesses, each of which serves the global metals and mining sector. MCI principally supports banks and other investors with independent investment related feasibility studies and due diligence appraisals.
Our steel industry news and information portal at Steelonthenet.com provides world steel sector news, price and cost data, economic analysis and steel industry business intelligence.
SteelExpertWitness provides litigation support to international clients. The main activity of SteelExpertWitness is to provide specialist advice to help resolve steel sector legal disputes.
Our experts have many years of operating or consulting experience in the steel sector. They are well-placed therefore to provide independent opinions on technical or commercial matters relating to iron and steel.
This experience includes all areas of steel production, including raw material preparation, ironmaking, liquid steelmaking, casting and rolling; markets (including raw material and steel prices) and metal transport and distribution.
Our expertise also includes wide experience of commercial disputes and arbitrations concerning pricing, delivery terms, transport, contract performance and product valuation for insurance or compensation purposes.
Saint Barbara is also a division of Metals Consulting International Group. Working as an independent UK-based consultancy group that offers specialist advice to the world's metal, minerals and mining industries. Saint Barbara's consultants have lengthy experience gained with major international minerals and metals organisations and can offer expertise in copper, lead and zinc, nickel, cobalt, industrial minerals, light metals, gold and silver, refractory metals and battery metals.
Our expertise in the ferrous and non-ferrous metals sector encompasses the following:
• metallurgical matters relating to carbon or alloy steels (including stainless steel)
• iron ore pricing related litigation
• raw material supply issues relating to iron ore, ferrous scrap, pig iron, DRI, HBI, billet and / or slab
• international steel trade flows; trading disputes
• iron and steel quality issues and quantum calculations
• disputes relating to rebar and / or hot rolled coil surface quality problems and / or metal corrosion
• plant performance (including mill design, installation and commissioning issues)
• damage assessment arbitration (e.g. from business interruption)
• cargo damage (including physical damage and rust damage during sea transport)
• blast furnace, BOF and EAF furnace operations including melt shop forensic investigations
• rolling mill operations covering flat and long products
• manufacture of coated steels including galvanised coil and organic coated sheet (galvanised iron, pre-painted galvanised iron)
• steel pipe and tube production (seamless and welded tube plants)
• legal disputes relating to melting, casting rolling, sale, distribution and / or transport of metal products.