Dr Nader Khandanpour is a radiology consultant,subspecialising in neuroradiology, based at St George's University Hospital, London. He achieved Pan London Neuroradiology Fellowship and has achieved experience in 7 major neuroscience centres of excellence including King’s College, Great Ormond Street, and National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Barts & The London NHS Trust and St Georges NHS. He is lead for Traumatic Brain Injury and Epilepsy imaging at St George's University Hospital.
He has achieved PhD in atherosclerosis, vascular disease and genetics.
He has been awarded EDINR; a measure of excellence awarded by European Board of Neuroradiology (EBNR).
Neuroradiology (Brain and Spine CT & MRI):
• BRAIN: Alzheimer’s & other Dementias, Stroke/Cerebrovascular Disease, Vertigo/Dizziness, Brain injury, Brain tumour, Cerebral palsy, Concussion, Dementia, Physiotherapy Rehab, A&E Medicine, Mental Health, Seizures/Epilepsy, Numbness, Tremor, Memory loss, Seizures, Bell’s palsy, Normal pressure hydrocephalus, Headache, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Neuromuscular and related diseases, Parkinson’s disease, Psychiatric conditions (severe depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder), Scoliosis, Movement Disorders, Neurodegeneration
• SPINE: Trauma, Back pain, Birth defects of the brain and spinal cord, Spinal trauma, Disk disease of neck and lower back, Spinal cord injury, Spinal deformity, Spine tumour, Peripheral neuropathy, myasthenia gravis and neuromuscular disorders
Awarded a number of academic prizes and distinctions including:
• Medical School Gold Medal Clinical Medicine
• Medical School Gold Medal Basic Sciences
• UK - Comprehensive Clinical Research Network (UK-CCRN) Prestigious Award- National Portfolio study
• National Institute of Health Academic Fellowship (NIHR)
Academic - Research track
Cambridge, University of East Anglia, Yorkshire and University of London
• Dr Khandanpour is well published and has presented his scientific work on numerous national and international meetings including presenting on dementia, vascular/atherosclerosis, genetics/paediatrics at the European Congress of Neuroradiology, British and Irish Vascular Society and Radiology Society of North America (RSNA).
• Senior Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiology at The University of London.
• Teaching visiting radiologists to the Trust department of radiology.
• Expert reviewer to The LANCET, BMJ heart and numerous other European and American International medical journals.