Nigel Richardson is a multi award winning Expert Witness having acted as Legionella Expert Witnesses in several high profile cases as well as a host of other cases. He has acted for both plaintiffs and defendants and have appeared at Inquest.
He has been an Expert Witness for over 15 years having covered water treatment cases as well as Legionella cases. His main strength is identifying compliance and gaps relating to the relevant legislation and guidance. Examples of cases he has been involved with include:
• A private leisure club where a visitor caught Legionnaires' disease from a hot tub.
• A hotel where a visitor caught Legionnaires' disease.
• Investigation of a private boat to determine whether it was possible to catch Legionnaires Disease from the installation.
• A hospital where cases of Legionnaires' disease existed.
• A hotel in the USA where a visitor died due to Legionnaires' disease.
• A building in London suspected as being the source of a workman on site catching Legionnaires' disease.
• An investigation into the causes of a major failure of a heating system causing millions of pounds of damage.
• Inquests into the deaths of patients at several hospitals
• Determination of whether an extension increased the risks of Legionella being present.
• Helping several hotels respond to questions prior to potential prosecutions from Environmental Health Officers.
• A major Legionnaires' disease outbreak possibly coming from multiple cooling towers.
• A ship where there was a potential case of Legionnaires' disease
• Helping a water treatment company defend itself against a claim from one of its customers
Nigel has over 40 years of experience working in some of the largest companies in the world in his field and has experience of working internationally so is experienced in rules and cultures around the world.
Nigel has a new website worth looking at: https://www.collatonconsultancy.com/