Expert in trading, valuation, marketing and management of capital markets instruments including derivatives, bonds and structured products.
Instructed for all types of parties including investment banks, institutional investors, corporates, high net worth individuals and employees.
Experience has included:
- advice and expert witness relating to litigation in the UK High Court and Australian Federal Court covering all aspects from initial review, through report writing, report analysis, joint meetings, reports on joint meetings and testimony;
- advice relating to regulatory investigations and tribunals in Europe, Korea and Hong Kong;
- introduction and co-ordination of teams of experts;
- multi-party litigation;
- quality control of expert reports; and
- hot tubbing.
Subject matter expertise focussed on valuation, sales and trading practice for capital markets products and OTC derivatives, including vanilla and exotic products:
- bonds and notes,
- asset swaps,
- credit default swaps (CDS),
- total return swaps (TRS);
- credit linked notes (CLN);
- collateralised debt obligations (CDOs including CLOs and CBOs);
- repo (GMRA sale and repurchase agreements and gensaki);
- options on bonds and loans;
- equity options and other equity linked products, including warrants;
- interest rate swaps and options;
- foreign exchange derivatives including cross currency swaps, basis swaps and non-deliverable forwards;
- structured bonds and loans with credit, equity, interest rate or foreign exchange features;
- tax, accounting and regulation motivated transactions using derivatives; and
- management of capital markets business units.
Expert in ISDA and other documentation, including derivatives embedded in loans, bonds, notes and insurance contracts.
Formerly Director, Dresdner Kleinwort Benson heading Global Credit Derivatives, Head of Credit Products at KBC Bank, and Vice President, Financial Engineering at Chase Manhattan Bank.