Principal Forensic Services (PFS) Ltd was created following the closure of the UK’s Forensic Science Service. It is led by world renowned experts with over 300 years combined experience, who have worked on some of the most challenging cases and major innovations in forensic science.
PFS offers services across all of the forensic science disciplines commonly encountered in criminal or civil investigations and in the evaluation of evidence. We have global experience of providing independent expertise to all parties within criminal justice, including expert witness testimony commissioned by both prosecution and defence. Quality, rigour and impartiality are central to all PFS work.
• Blood Pattern Analysis
• Body Fluids & DNA
• Cold Cases
• Criminal Defence
• Drugs and Toxicology
• Fire Investigation
• Firearms Services
• Forensic Consultation and Reviews
• Forensic Anthropology
• Gunshot Residue
• Quality and Validation
• Questioned Documents and Handwriting
With our extensive experience we can provide a very high standard of impartial expert witness services to prosecution or defence solicitors and advocates, in Civil and Criminal arenas.
• Independent examination and evidence review for prosecution and defence
• Case review and investigative advice
• Strategy setting and case progression in new cases
• A full evaluation of the evidence within the context of the case information and the prosecution and defence accounts
• Consideration of continuity and contamination issues
• Advising counsel before and during court proceedings
• Presentation of evidence at court