Areas of Expert work I undertake include:
- Building and workmanship disputes including quantum
- Failed cavity wall insulation
- Housing disrepair
- Fitness for Human Habitation
- Building defects and pathology including damp, condensation, mould, structural issues, roofs, walls & floors.
- Building insurance and warranty claims including fire, flood, structural, subsidence etc
- Professional competence & negligence of Building Surveyors and Architectural Designers
- Forensic analysis of building surveys/reports
- Building workmanship and standards
- Building accessibility
- Personal injury
I have completed numerous reports on building matters for Court use, both as Expert and Single Joint
Expert. All my reports are prepared in accordance with CPR part 35 requirements and are well researched and written, clear and well presented.
I have received formal legal training in report writing, civil law & procedure, courtroom skills and cross-examination, which is certificated by Cardiff University. I am a member of the National Register of University Certificated Expert Witnesses and Construction Law Society, and undertake regular training and CPD.
I utilise a range of advanced technology equipment during my inspections, dependent on the issue being investigated, including borroscopes, access cameras, high level cameras, thermal imaging, surface temperature readers, damp meters, calcium carbide meters. I also have access to a number of well regarded laboratories which undertake material testing.
I am based in West Yorkshire but will generally work throughout the UK.