Mr. Hazem E. Alfeky is a Consultant Plastic and Breast Reconstructive Surgeon at Bedford hospital services. He provides a wide range of plastic surgery procedures including breast reconstruction, microsurgery, hand elective and trauma surgery, laser, skin cancer surgery, limb reconstruction and general plastics surgery. His main are of expertise is breast and limb reconstruction.
He is committed to, and involved in, clinical governance, risk management and clinical audit including the development and maintenance of appropriate systems and practices to ensure continued safe clinical practice. He participates, and shows regular commitment to audit, with 10 sessions per year committed to audit and clinical governance. Teaching is an integral part of the unit, with junior doctors, medical students etc. He is also committed to participate in seminars and lectures for medical students, junior doctors and other professional or lay groups with health interests.
Mr Alfeky works in close relation to the breast and plastic specialist nurses and hand therapy team. He undertakes weekly breast and hand MDT with his colleagues and specialist nurses from all departments.
Why Halexie Health?
We offer a combined professional approach bringing an extensive experience background from within criminal investigations and medical practice.
Mr Alfeky’s areas of expertise includes;
- Debridement of wounds: Chronic wounds including pressure sores and Necrotizing fasciitis
- Tissue transplantation
- Local/ regional and free flaps
- Peripheral nerve surgery
Burn management including;
- Thermal, chemical, electrical and radiation injury
- Burn resuscitation and surgery: excision and grafting
Upper Extremity including Hand
a. Congenital e.g. Syndactyly, polydactyly, Apert’s hands.
b. Traumatic / Acquired including; Bone, Joints and ligaments, Peripheral nerves, Functional tendon transfers, Surgical management of Arthritis, Compartment syndrome, Replantation and Revascularisation
- Dupuytren´s Surgery.
Head and Neck
- Congenital: Cleft lip/palate, Prominent ears
- Traumatic / Acquired Soft tissue injuries: Amputations (ear, nose, lids, lip, eyebrow, scalp), Nerve lesions/defects, Complex composite defects (ear, nose, lids, lips, eyebrow), Scalp defects
- Head and neck tumours: skin, mouth, pharynx and Larynx, oesophagus and palate
- Aesthetic surgery: Blepharoplasty, Rhinoplasty, Otoplasty
Trunk and Abdomen, Genitalia
- hypospadias, perineal reconstruction and abdominal wall reconstruction
- Liposuction, Abdominoplasty, Body lift, post- bariatric surgery
- Congenital e.g. Constrictive bands
- Traumatic: open tib fracture soft tissue coverage, free flaps/ local flaps
- sarcoma: soft tissue coverage
Skin diseases and soft tissue
- Excision of Vascular malformations and haemangiomas
- scars management (post traumatic, post burn)
- Skin Cancer: Excision, SLNB, Dissection and reconstruction.
Chest and Breast
- Congenital: Poland syndrome, Tuberous breast
- Breast reconstruction
- Others: Breast reduction, Augmentation and Gynaecomastia.