Bernadette Barker is a Chartered Architect, Chartered Arbitrator, an Accredited Adjudicator and an Accredited mediator. She is also a registered Fire Risk Assessor with The Institution of Fire Engineers.
In 1994 Bernadette qualified as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators , became a Chartered Arbitrator of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in 1999 and undertook in 2014 the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration.
Her scope of work includes:
• Appointments as Principal Designer and Client Advisor under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
• Contract Management Support/Advice to Architects/contractors and Clients.
• Development of health and safety documentation to include health and policies, risk assessments, method statements, fire plans for building sites.
• Health and Safety construction site audits.
• Appointments as Adjudicator.
• Risk assessment of buildings in occupation.
• Risk assessments for construction and maintenance work.
• Site Waste Management Plans.
• Sustainability audits for hotels.
• Fire safety risks assessments under the Fire Safety Order 2005 including for blocks of flats, offices, hotel, retail units, scout hut, synagogue, building sites; shell building for dry hire.
• External wall fire surveys and EWS1 forms
Member of RIBA
Member of ARB (Architects Registration Board)
Fellow of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (1994)
Registered Fire Risk Assessor -The Institution of Fire Engineers
Associate Member of the Institution of Fire Engineers
Associate Member Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
Registered with UK Register of Expert Witnesses
ICC United Kingdom Arbitrator and ADR Database ICC UK Arbitrator Database (iccarbitratorsdatabase.uk)
Member of Presidential Panel of Construction Adjudicators - Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Member of Presidential Panel of Arbitrators - Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Member Property Dispute Panel - Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Member CIC Register of Adjudicators.
Member CIC Low Value Disputes Register of Adjudicators.
Panel Member of the Business Arbitration Scheme (BAS) Panel of Arbitrators.
Member CEDR Arbitration Panel
Member CEDR Construction Adjudication Panel
Member Hunt ADR Panel of ABTA Arbitrators
Member Hunt ADR Panel of Adjudicators
SME Member of Fire Protection Association
Member of LCIA
Member Society Construction Law
Member Adjudication Society
Member Kings College Construction Law Association
Freeman of the Worshipful Company of Arbitrators
Hunt ADR Mediation Skills Training and certificate in on line mediation; Dispute Board Federation FIDIC Contracts Total Immersion Program 2015; Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration 2014; BRE BTEC Professional Diploma in Fire Risk Assessment; CIArb Construction Industry Adjudication training 1998, ICC Arbitration online training October 2014. Misc: CIEH Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering; TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certificate