Mr Gwynne Richards is a creative, influential and highly motivated consultant, lecturer, expert witness and trainer with a proven track record of success in introducing improvements within commercial, supply chain, warehousing and distribution environments.
Mr Richards is an expert witness, consultant, lecturer and trainer at Apprise Consultancy; a supply chain, logistics consultancy and training company established by Gwynne Richards in 2003. Clients include Appleton Woods, Bray Solutions, Bridgestone, BT, Galeries Lafayette, Gefco, Kostal, M & S, Mizuno, Philmac, Pirelli, Oceaneering, RICS, Robert Dyas, Standard Chartered Bank and Unipart. Apprise runs training courses in the UK, China, Singapore, UAE, Malaysia, Kenya and The Philippines.
Mr Richards has expertise in logistics, freight transport, warehousing, supply chain and inventory management.
Recent Expert Witness work includes:
• Engaged as an Expert Witness in a case where the client was seeking damages for loss of revenue as a result of an alleged, badly engineered floor. The case was settled out of court.
• Appointed as an Expert Witness in a disputed wrongful dismissal case. The case was settled out of court
• Appointed as an Expert Witness in a Crown Court case where a major retailer was being prosecuted for Health and Safety violations related to poor stock management.
• Appointed as an Expert Witness in a tribunal held in Singapore in a fraud case related to inadequate stock management
Recent consultancy projects include:
• Managed an outsourcing tender for a British manufacturer who decided to transfer its warehousing and distribution operation to a third-party logistics company.
• Managed an outsourcing tender for an American skincare company wishing to set up in the UK. Successful process with the client fully operational within 6 months as targeted.
• Worked with a retailer to design their back of house and loading bay operations for a flagship department store in Qatar
• Worked with a retailer to choose a 3PL and freight forwarder to undertake warehousing, distribution and inbound logistics in Qatar
• Undertook Market Research for a warehouse automation company
• Recently re-designed warehouse layouts for two manufacturing companies and a maintenance stores operation
• Managed a European tender for the import and export operation for a sports goods manufacturer
• Worked with a 3PL which is storing sportswear and sports goods to audit their existing warehouse operation and suggest improvements where feasible and cost effective.
• Recently worked with a client to increase the storage capacity of their warehouse through changing storage methods and improving throughput
• Recently assisted two clients who are in competition but also realise the advantages of merging their distribution operations as they do not see the method of final delivery being advantageous to either company. It is far outweighed by the overall cost savings.
Mr Richards is author of Warehouse Management – A complete guide to improving efficiency and minimizing costs in the modern warehouse, published 6th June 2011 by Kogan Page. 2nd edition published June 2014. 3rd edition published November 2017. Over 15,000 sales to date. 4th edition due 2021. He is also co-author of The Logistics and Supply Chain Toolkit – published in October 2013. 2nd Edition in July 2016, 3rd Edition in November 2019. Co-Author of The Logistics Outsourcing Handbook 1st Edition published December 2019.
MBA in Business Administration –UWE – Part-time 1995-1998, BA (Hons) Business Studies – Leicester Polytechnic 1976-1980, Certificate of Professional Competence – Aston University 1980, PGA Parts (1) & (2) – University of Warwick 2009/10, Foundation Course – The Academy of Experts 12/2009, Certificate of Professional Competence 1980