I have been regularly instructed on a range of General Surgical and Colorectal disorders since 2008. My field of expertise predominantly lies within emergency abdominal and intestinal surgery, that is the management of acute primary abdominal conditions as well as the management of complications following elective abdominal surgery.
My main clinical work, expertise, interests and research involve the following:
• bowel (colorectal) cancer
• inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
• diverticular disease and diverticulitis
• intestinal ischaemia
• intestinal and abdominal wall failure
• abdominal sepsis, emergency abdominal surgery and the abdominal catastrophe
• proctological disorders, including haemorrhoids, anal fistula, anal fissure
I undertake Clinical Negligence work, preparing medicolegal reports on breach of duty and causation and condition and prognosis. My claimant:defendant split is 80:20. I am prepared to undertake medical examinations. I have undertaken Joint Expert work and I am prepared and trained to appear in Court as necessary. I have obtained the Cardiff University Bond Solon Certificate and I am on the UK Register of Expert Witnesses. During the Covid pandemic I have undertaken remote medicolegal work conducting meetings with solicitors, Counsel and other Experts.
MB ChB Birmingham 1987. General and Specialist Colorectal training in Royal Navy Hospitals, Basingstoke, Oxford, St. Mark's Hospital and Singapore General Hospital. Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon Peterborough 2001-2009; Consultant Colorectal Surgeon Oxford, 2009-2019