Mr Panayiotis (Panos) Kyzas is a consultant in OMFS/Head and Neck Surgery with a clinical specialty interest in ablation and reconstruction of head and neck cancer and facial skin cancer. He has completed a TIG H&N fellowship in advanced head and neck surgical oncology and he is a JCST-recognised Head and Neck Surgeon. He is an accredited microvascular reconstructive surgeon, a GMC-recognised surgical trainer and a fellow of BAOMS and RCSEd in good standing. He has joined the RCSEd faculty of surgical trainers (FST). He is currently the Regional Specialty Advisor (RSPA) for OMFS, a post jointly supported by RCS/BAOMS/FDS. He is the national OMFS Lead for the QOMS project for H&N Cancer, Facial Skin Cancer and H&N reconstruction. He has graduated both his medical and dental degrees with honours, and has won multiple scholarships, bursaries and awards throughout his undergraduate and postgraduate years of training.
Throughout his career he has been heavily involved in research, education, teaching and training and he has a special interest in surgical innovation and service development (details CV). Mr Kyzas has published over 60 peer reviewed papers and has over 5000 citations. He is the Deputy Editor for BJOMS, and has a special interest in patient-specific reconstructive planning with the use of 3D printer technology, facial cosmetics and rehabilitation.
Mr Kyzas accepts instructions as a medical expert witness throughout the spectrum of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, facial cosmetic surgery and head and neck surgery. The list below is indicative but not exhaustive.
- Dentoalveolar Surgery
- Wisdom teeth extractions, mandibular cysts, dental implants, mucoceles, polyps, apicectomies, pre-prosthetic surgery, bone grafting
- Facial Cosmetic surgery
- Facelift, blepharoplasty, browlift, rhinoplasty, Botox, fillers
- Surgery of the Temporomandibular Joint
- Arthrocentesis, Eminectomy, High condylar shave, non-surgical management of facial pain
- Head and Neck Surgery / Neck Lumps
- Wide Local Excision of Head &Neck Cancer, neck dissection, microvascular Free tissue transfer, thyroidectomy, parathyroidectomy, free flaps, microsurgery, nerve cable graft, free flap
- Facial skin cancer treatment
- Excision of facial skin BCC, Excision of facial skin SCC, Excision of facial skin melanoma, Full thickness skin graft, Split thickness skin graft, Local skin flaps
- Salivary gland surgery
- Submandibular gland excision, parotidectomy, conservative management of sialolithiasis
- Facial Trauma
- Mandible fracture, Zygoma fracture, Orbital fracture, Nasal fracture, Maxillary fracture, Dental abscess
- Orthognathic surgery – correction of facial deformity
- Genioplasty, Mandibular osteotomy (BSSO), Maxillary osteotomy
- Laser treatment of facial and intraoral conditions
All aspects of OMFS, H&N Surgery, Oral Surgery, Facial trauma, Facial Cosmetic Surgery, Salivary Gland Disease
Accredited training completed in Medical Expert Witness Report Writing, Counsel Conference, Expert Meetings and Giving Evidence in Court (Inspire MediLaw).