Professor Malcolm Robin Kell; qualified MBChB University Glasgow, trained in UK, Ireland and USA. FRCS Glasg(Gen Surg.) 1997, MD University College Cork 2003 and FRCSI 2005. He is a Consultant General Surgeon and Clinical Professor based in Dublin, Ireland, specialising in breast / endocrine surgery. He is experienced in all aspects of reconstructive and aesthetic breast surgery including breast cancer surgery, benign breast surgery, reconstructive breast surgery, aesthetic breast surgery, revision breast surgery, breast implant / explant surgery, reduction, mastopexy and lipotransfer breast surgery.
Professor Kell has acted as an expert witness for state claims agency since 2007 and as an independent expert witness in Ireland and UK since 2007. He is available for instruction throughout Ireland and the UK.
Clinical skills include:
• Consultant surgeon in tertiary referral centre and index breast cancer hospital, with extensive screening experience.
• 10 years of general surgical training and 15 years consultant experience.
• Oncoplastic training: reconstructive and aesthetic breast surgery.
• Society of Surgical Oncology Clinical fellowship training in all aspects of breast cancer care and surgical oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Centre, Philadelphia, USA.
Academic skills include:
• Published over 100 papers in both national and international journals.
• Strong basic science background with innovative immunological techniques.
• Research fellowship and M.D., Harvard Medical School, USA.
• Health Research Board funding.
• Numerous supervised projects.
• Organised and provided postgraduate education.
Member Health Research Consent Declaration Committee, Current chairman Mater Campus Institutional Review Board. Association of Breast Surgeons UK, Society of Surgical Oncology USA, American Society of Clinical Oncology USA.