My name is Chris Roberts, I am an independent technical consultant, renewable energy expert witness and director/owner of clean energy businesses with over 18 years’ experience in this exciting industry.
I provide a range of technical services based on my experience in numerous roles over that time to include:
• Manager of the UK Government’s first multi-technology renewable energy grant scheme – the Clear Skies programme
• Non-Executive Director of MCS Service Co Ltd which operates the UK Government sponsored Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
• Chair of the MCS Technical working group for Solar Photovoltaic systems (PV).
• Chair of the MCS Technical Working Group for Solar Thermal.
• Chair of the MCS Technical Working Group for Wind turbines.
• Technical expert for the Solar Trade Association.
• Contributing author and/or editor of various publications in the field of renewable energy and energy efficiency in buildings.
• Senior manager of major UK renewable energy contractor.
• Founder and CEO of various business start-ups in the solar PV / battery storage industry.
• Involved in commercial and technical oversight of solar PV installations from small residential systems to one of the UK’s largest commercial rooftop systems (6MW). • Involved in the first ever installation in Europe of a Tesla Powerpack commercial battery storage system.