Luke Mousley started working at Cygnet Hospital Derby in January 2017 as a Staff Nurse. He has since stuck with his ambition and his caring nature helped him progress to Clinical Team Leader, Deputy Ward Manager and he has recently attained position of Ward Manager. Luke qualified from Nottingham University with a master’s degree in Mental Health Nursing which he passed with a distinction.
He has worked in multiple psychiatric settings which include: Forensic Female Personality Disorder Ward, Forensic Male secure Ward, Locked Rehabilitation Ward, Psychiatric Intensive Care Ward (PICU), Acute Ward, Primary Mental Health service, Dementia care, Learning disabilities Ward, General hospital Work. Luke has experience of working with patients in seclusion or long term segregation and review of policies in relation to both. Managing a ward with complex patients and leadership within the multi-disciplinary team. Also working with local Clinical commissioning groups (CCG).
He has expertise in the following areas:
• Bipolar affective disorder
• Personality disorder
• Unipolar Depression
• Anxiety disorder
• Sexual offending
Expert witness experience includes:
• He has completed Nursing expert reports for a reputable company
• Has undertaken investigation work: Dealing with an untoward death on the ward, missed observations, compliance with policies and procedures and adherence to care plans.
• Route Cause Analysis (RCA) of AWOL, assaults on staff by patients, Self-harm.
• Serious untoward incident reporting.
• Review of observation levels of high risk patients.
• Writing reports for Mental Health Tribunals.
• Writing reports to the ministry of justice and secretary of state for patients on home office restriction orders.
• Has given evidence in over twenty Tribunals.
Terms and conditions of expert witness work.
Can prepare reports within 4 weeks of receiving instructions. All documents to be sent electronically. Will confirm any conflict of interest at the initial response.